
I'm a bit short on words this week so I'm going to let the pictures do most of the talking. My creative juices were all used up making this week's chocolate soufflé. I'm also exhausted from the hike Pete and I took. I think Pete's exact words were "there are only like two hills, I promise." Yeah, only two hills was more like 4.7 miles of nonstop hills. Needless to say I'm a bit sore. Chocolate soufflé made everything all better.
Considering souffles have a reputation of being a fickle dessert I was pleasantly surprised with how easy this recipe was. I mean, how hard can a recipe be that only has four ingredients?

Once I stuck the ramekins in the oven I kept checking to see if the souffles were rising. I was thrilled when I saw the first signs of puffing.

The souffles look so pretty especially with the little sprinkling of powdered sugar.

Yummy.

As you can see these were a hit. I'll definitely be making these again. No leftovers this week.

I walked out on the porch this morning and this is what I saw. Two of the laziest but cutest animals. They're like an old married couple taking their daily nap.

Thanks so much for Susan of She's Becoming DoughMessTic for picking this delicious dessert, head on over to her blog for the recipe. Also check out all the wonderful souffles that all the other Tuesdays with Dorie bakers made this week.
Considering souffles have a reputation of being a fickle dessert I was pleasantly surprised with how easy this recipe was. I mean, how hard can a recipe be that only has four ingredients?

Once I stuck the ramekins in the oven I kept checking to see if the souffles were rising. I was thrilled when I saw the first signs of puffing.

The souffles look so pretty especially with the little sprinkling of powdered sugar.

Yummy.

As you can see these were a hit. I'll definitely be making these again. No leftovers this week.

I walked out on the porch this morning and this is what I saw. Two of the laziest but cutest animals. They're like an old married couple taking their daily nap.

Thanks so much for Susan of She's Becoming DoughMessTic for picking this delicious dessert, head on over to her blog for the recipe. Also check out all the wonderful souffles that all the other Tuesdays with Dorie bakers made this week.
Oh! How pretty is the one in the red bowl! WOW! I love the crackled effect with the way you took your picture at such a low level!
ReplyDeleteYour pets do indeed look like they had a hard working night shift... you sure you are not using them for cheap kitchen labor washing dishes or something??? (lol)
Your souffles look amazing!! I loved this as well!! So yummy! And that is seriously the cutest pic ever of your adorable pets!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, my, those pictures sure did the talking! Wonderful job on the souffle making! Never trust a guy when they say "only two hills." You should probably just stop listening when you hear the world "hill." LOL.
ReplyDeleteAwesome pictures . . . and your souffle in that red mold is the bomb!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I love your souffle mold.
ReplyDeleteYay for gorgeous, delicious souffle. I took pictures of it rising in the oven, too (but mine didn't come out as nice as yours.) I was so excited to see it rising.
ReplyDeleteLove the red one.
And I love the lazy old couple in the lounge chairs.
Your souffle puffed up perfectly! I love your red bowl and fluted spoon - just gorgeous. As for me, well, I would like to be out on the veranda suning myself in a deckchair with Willa and Charlie.
ReplyDeleteRed bowl: SO PRETTY. I wanted mine to puff above the rim this way...cool.
ReplyDeleteI love your souffle pictures all in white. Subtle and beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful pictures!! This was my first souffle and it was so much easier than what I thought it would be. Great job! Looks like a success. :o)
ReplyDeletewelcome to TWD! Your souffle turned out beautiful! and um...i love that spoon!
ReplyDeleteOh man I TOTALLY feel your pain. Once, someone told me we were going on a nature walk. YEAH, if nature walk means CLIMBING UP A MOUNTAIN for 7 miles on a mountain called BREAKNECK Ridge when you are afraid of heights. Not cool. The souffle looks great. I would totally have curled my sore body up on the couch and attacked this one!
ReplyDeletegorgeous souffle! hope your legs have recovered...looks like the furry ones were resting for you!
ReplyDeleteStunning! Turned out beautifully, as did your photos! Esp love the last one :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome soufflés - how lovely is the one in the red bowl!
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love your red ramekins! They look so sophisticated. I think chocolate souffles are the perfect reward for a hilly hike.
ReplyDeleteA hike and a souffle - I think you should be in one of those chairs. Beautiful dessert!
ReplyDeleteHow cute those two friends are napping? Thanks for sharing that moment in time. Hope you're feeling better by now. The souffles did the trick if so. They really look perfect. Glad you liked them too.
ReplyDeleteAmyRuth
Beautiful souffles. Love the red.
ReplyDelete