Tuesday, January 26, 2010

TWD: cocoa-nana bread

Photobucket

Whenever I make banana bread I always add chocolate chips. It is a must. If for some reason I don't put chocolate chips in (only happened once because I ran out) my older brother looked like he was about to cry. Since everyone already loves the banana chocolate combo I figured this very chocolaty banana bread would be a big hit. No surprise it was. I even liked it. I've already had two slices.

Photobucket

This was one of those recipes where I already had everything in the house. I had frozen ripe bananas, cocoa powder, bittersweet chocolate chips and the usual flour, sugar, butter, etc. Don't you just love those? I love not having to go to the grocery store. This recipe was super easy to make. It took a while to bake (around 70 minutes total), but you get the bonus of warming up the house with the oven. It smelled delicious while baking. The perfect recipe to combat the non-stop rain we are getting here in California.

Photobucket

Pete enjoyed this one and my dad got into town last night and also thought it was yummy. I have less than half a loaf left. I'm thinking it will be gone by morning. Pete's been munching on it for breakfast. It does have bananas in it so it has to be healthy.


Photobucket

Thanks to Steph of Obsessed with Baking for picking this most delicious and simple recipe. Check out her blog for the recipe then go make this. Also head over to Tuesdays with Dorie to see what the other bakers thought of the cocoa-nana bread.

13 comments:

  1. Your bread looks perfect!! I love your photos (as always) and I am glad everyone enjoyed it!! This was a big winner for me as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad this was such a hit with everyone! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I want to say that you take the sharpest, nicest photos! Your bread looks great. I wasn't keen on this one, though my hubby likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's got eggs, too--another breakfast staple!
    I prefer the banana bread with chocolate chips, because I thought this seemed a little dry---BUT I just tasted another bit of muffin (made them on Sat.) and after warming it ever so slightly in the mic, it was pretty good. Just not enough banana taste! I may make them again and put in some extra nanas!
    Your loaf looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your loaf turned out perfectly. I enjoyed this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes--i love it when i can just use up what i have in the house w/o having to get anything new! this looks super-tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lot of people were on the line about this one, but not you! So happy it was a hit. I love to hear that it was a hit. Guys here loved it, but then you probably figured they would.

    ReplyDelete
  8. FYI - the bread bag now needs a refill.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't make banana bread without adding chocolate chips - it's the only way to go! Gorgeous loaf! Glad it was a hit :) I made muffins and enjoyed them, but definitely prefer regular banana bread.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I skipped this one, but I sure could go for a slice of that for breakfast right now! Your photos are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bee-you-tee-full pictures, love the macro. Perfect loaf. Hurray for frozen ripe banana (I do the same! LOL), hurray for HEALTHY frozen ripe bananas! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos are beautiful and so is your bread.

    I love it when I actually have everything I need to bake. Doesn't happen often, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A long cooking time is worth is when you have something as delicious as this as a result. It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete