For Christmas I decided to make both the pecan pie and the low and luscious chocolate cheesecake. One was a huge hit and one was a bit of a dud. The dud is still sitting in the fridge begging someone to eat it. I'm assigning that job to Pete. He's good at eating leftovers. Can you guess which was the hit?
Dorie's favorite pecan pie was the runaway hit of the night. Pete said it was the best thing he ever tasted and my uncle agreed. I made the pie with the additions of espresso powder, cinnamon and chocolate. Pete said he could only taste the chocolate and thought it was super awesome.
The cheesecake on the other hand was not a favorite. My uncle said it was only because the pecan pie was so delicious. Pete just made a grunting noise and pushed it to the side of his plate and continued on with his pecan pie. I have 1 1/2 mini cheesecakes sitting in the fridge and I only made two. Pete has some eating to do now that he has finished the pecan pie.
I can't weigh in on either dessert because I didn't try them. My sweet tooth is still on vacation.
Thanks to Beth of Someone's in the Kitchen with Brina for picking the runaway hit. Check out her blog for the recipe. Thanks also go to The Tea Lady of Tea and Scones for picking the low and luscious chocolate cheesecake. You can find the recipe on her blog. I think the cheesecake would have been more of a hit if I didn't serve it with the pecan pie.
Willa and Charlie wanted to show everyone how excited they were to get Christmas presents from their grandparents in Montana.
I also have to show off my new apron. It got a lot of use on Christmas day. Thanks Robin and Dave from all of us.
Santa stopped by and I just had to get a picture with him.
Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Happy New Year!
P.S. Thanks to Pete for making the neat picture of the disappearing pie. What would I do without him?







That picture of the pie disappearing IS awesome! I'm sure Pete really had to sacrifice eating bite after bite of pie to get the pictures! ;)
ReplyDeleteYep, I agree, though. I liked the pie more than the not-chocolaty-enough cheesecake. Cute photos!
Happy New Year!
We preferred the cheesecake over the pie. Now my sweet tooth needs a vacation!
ReplyDeleteAmazing disappearing pie photo!
OMG. Love the animation of the pecan pie. How cool! Agree! The pecan pie was tastier. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteAwesome animation! Sorry the cheesecake wasn't a hit. My hubby was so-so on it too.
ReplyDeletePete is truly a genius. Can we get him to do my post re the chocolate cheesecake?
ReplyDeleteGreat pie and cheesecake! I am on the same page as Pete about which dessert wins. Love the animation!!!
ReplyDeleteaww cute new apron. My husband would have grunted and shoved the cheesecake to the side as well. :)
ReplyDeleteCute apron! Guess I've really gotta try that pecan pie, huh?? The cheesecake was okay, but nothing to go crazy for over here, either. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteack--i love that pie picture!!! reminds me of the type of animation they did on sesame street when i was little. very cute apron! happy new year to you, pete, willa and charlie!!
ReplyDeleteBoth desserts look good, even if the cheesecake was not a hit. Love all the Christmas snaps - Willa and Charlie always make me smile. Glad you had a great Xmas, and Happy New Year to you and your family.
ReplyDeleteJust FYI - the pecan pie is now gone. And, again, it was AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteErin - I'll do your cheesecake post, but it won't be as fun because it won't be disappearing. It will just sit there looking sad and uneaten.
The disappearing pie picture is great! I skipped both of these because I'm on holiday food overload.
ReplyDeleteYour apron is really cute! I love pink.
The pie video is amazing. Wish I could do that.
ReplyDeletesorry the cheesecake wasn't a hit.
Thanks for baking with me this week.
You should invite me over. I will finish both the pecan pie and that cheesecake for you. ;)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
Oh man, I only made the cheesecake so it sounds like I missed out by skipping the pecan pie. I'll stick it on the list for 2010!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics - the apron is awesome! Happy New Year to you and your family :)
Both desserts look amazing. Great job.
ReplyDelete