
Mmmmm...banana cake. I like banana cake. Pete loooves banana cake and Charlie will eat anything. I kid, the cat only eats cat food and ice cream. This cake was really simple to make and as a bonus I had all the ingredients at home. I have a freezer full of black frozen bananas that were just waiting for this cake to come along and liberate them. Dethawed frozen bananas remind me of slugs. Ooey gooey slugs. I could call this slug bundt cake but I won't because it tasted too good for such a derogatory name.

The batter of this cake was so pretty. It was light and fluffy and just begged to be licked off the paddle attachment (is there a better name for that?). I obliged and licked away.

My only regret with this banana cake was not adding chocolate chips. I thought as I was mixing the batter that this would be wonderful with some chocolate chips thrown in but I resisted and stuck to the recipe. Too bad because they would have given this cake the little kick it needed.

So last week was the Nevada Bar. Thanks for all the well wishes. It pretty much sucked, but at least it is over. I will again be out of the loop this week. As you read this I will be in Holland with my brothers and sister. Here are some of the shenanigans we got into two years ago.
Maybe we'll behave better this time since we are older and more mature.
I'm thinking not.
Thanks to Mary of The Food Librarian for picking this week's awesome recipe. Head on over to her blog for the recipe and to see all the other wonderful things she bakes. Also check out the blog roll at Tuesdays with Dorie to see what all the other bakers did this week. I bet you $20 that someone put chocolate chips in this cake. If so, send a slice to Holland so I can enjoy it.


I added butterscotch chips and pecans.
ReplyDeleteIt was just so wonderful.
I hope you're having a great time. The ooey-gooey-slug-cake was definitley yummy. Can't wait to see you when you get home.
ReplyDeleteI know, I know, I keep telling you this, but I love your blog. "The cat only eats cat food and ice cream . . " HAHAHAAHA!
ReplyDeletePlease send that cake over here! I'll eat it plain!
Good luck with the Bar Exam results!
I added chocolate chips to mine. It would've been perfect had I not fallen asleep while it was in the oven. Have a fabulous time in Holland!
ReplyDeleteI added strawberries and I've made it before with chocolate chips and walnuts. A versatile recipe.
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed!
Gorgeous pics! I agree with you: this would be amazing with chocolate chips!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Have fun in Nederland, maybe we'll bump into eachother ;)
ReplyDeleteThat cake look abolutely gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteHave a fabulous time in Holland!
Your cake looks great! I agree about frozen bananas being gross. I had to force myself to take a bite to make sure it was ok before it went in the cake.
ReplyDeleteHope you are having fun on your trip!
I could of just ate the batter with a spoon!! I loved this cake, as did my husband!
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking that you are going to have LOTS of fun with your family! Enjoy. :o) Nice job on the cake, it looks great.
ReplyDeleteChocolate chips! Now why didn't I think of that? Next time I make this recipe I am so going to add them!
ReplyDeleteHave fun on your trip!
I almost always add mini choc chips whenever I made banana muffins. Have a great time far away!
ReplyDeleteI went out of town and forgot my computer full of all the fun pics and info I had for this banana cake, so I'll be posting a twofer next week.
Gorgeous cake inside and out! Very pretty. Loved the photos of your family...however, I think this went from a G rated food blog to an X rated one...LOL...just kidding around. Hope you have a great time!
ReplyDeletehave fun in holland! i am a solid 50% dutch, but have never been. :(
ReplyDeleteyou bundt looks gorgeous!
Your banana/slug cake looks devine. Have agrea time in Holland!
ReplyDeleteSlug bundt LOL but your are right, they do. Have a great time in Holland. Beautiful country.
ReplyDeleteAnd your cake is lovely
Congrats on completing the bar! Next time, I'm going to try chocolate chips too. Glad I'm not the only one who sees slugs in those defrosted bananas! Have a great time in Holland. Thanks for baking along with me this week!! - mary the food librarian
ReplyDeleteYour bundt turned out fabulously! Looks seriously delicious. Have fun in Holland- I bet there will be some interesting food!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a great time in Holland - shenigans and all! =)
ReplyDeleteYour banana bundt cake looks just perfect! I love the color of it - mine came out too dark I think.
Holland, holla! Hope the trip was fab and that you ate lots of good desserts!
ReplyDeleteImpressive and attractive posting. I enjoyed it. I think others will like it & find it useful for them. Good luck with your work. ;-)
ReplyDeleteBathmate