Tuesday, May 26, 2009

TWD: chipster-topped brownies (aka brookies or crownies)

This week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was the chipster-topped brownie. What is a chipster-topped brownie you may be asking? A chipster-topped brownie is a brownie with chocolate chip cookie on top. You may ask, is it worth it? Hell yes it is. Yummiest brownie/cookie ever. 

The husband found Dorie's name for this sweet too much of a mouthful (literally - see below and you'll see what I'm talking about) and took it upon himself to rename them.  These are now known as either a brookie or a crownie.  The husband is partial to crownie.  He has repeatedly asked this weekend if he can have a crownie. How can I say no?

The husband was sweet enough to volunteer to show everyone how a crownie should be eaten. First, you gaze at the crownie a little cross-eyed and let it know just how much you want it in your belly.

Second, you shove the biggest possible bite of crownie in your mouth while making a slightly strange face. The strange face is to let everyone know just how much you love that crownie. 

Third, you try to chew the giant bite of crownie. 

Fourth, you make sure you lick every last bit of crownie off your fingers. It is way too good to waste.

Fifth, you wipe your mouth of crownie crumbs and show off your cherubic cheeks in a cute grin.

Sixth, oops you notice you made a bit of mess and have some crownies crumbs on your shirt. 

What did you expect? You can't waste crownie crumbs. It is perfectly acceptable to eat crownie crumbs off your shirt. 

As you can see the husband adored these. As did I. Thanks Beth for picking out this great treat. The husband sends extra thanks. Check out Beth's blog Supplicious for the full recipe and check out TWD to take a look at what all the other bakers did with the crownie.

18 comments:

  1. Silly Pete. I can't believe you *loved* something chocolate, Kimmie. I'm amazed : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crownie! ;) too funny. The pics of your hubby are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha.. love the progressive pics of the hubby eating! Too funny. Brownies look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! Yeahhh... I love the crumb-vaccuum technique!

    Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! MY husband know that crumb/vac technique...and tell your hubby: Crownie it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it! crownies is a much better name:) and such cute action photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crownie...good one. You have a great taste tester there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute post! I love "crownies" -- I will have to make a note of the name in my book so that I remember it next time. So glad these were a hit with you and your hubs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post and fantastic pictures! Your hubs is a good sport! Long live the Crownie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! Glad ya'll love the "crownies". A little rich for me, but they are good-hello-brownie and ccc. What's not to like? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. crownies--i love it! and i love a guy who cleans his own clothes, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha I think your husband should be a crownie spokesperson! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG. I'm rolling. I love the pictures of your husband. What a great sport! Glad the crownies were a success.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was the funnest/funniest post! Your crownies look absolutely fabulous and I totally agree with your husband's method of eating a crownie! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the photos of your husband enjoying these delightful fattening crownies/brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perhaps you can come up with a whole rating system using pictures of your husband's reaction of the different things you make. The crownie will be the example for a 5 star recipe, and then you can go from there. Very funny - he's a good sport.

    Glad you liked these and they turned out so great for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Crownies!!! Love it. Glad he, well, y'all, liked them.

    I think I would like Brookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL! Too funny! I love the play by play of your hubs love for crownies! :P

    ReplyDelete